To promote technological development in the healthcare sector, which will assist the professional staff and improve patient progress.
EchoVice consists of a rough combination of a doctor and two health engineers. Our mission is to develop health-promoting technologies where procedures and the field of work are difficult today. EchoVice works with professionals in the health sector to solve problems that they experience in their daily workflow. We provide user-friendly designs for specific cases.
At EchoVice, we are an interdisciplinary team combining clinical knowledge and engineering expertise to improve the production of ultrasound images during heart surgery.
The team is composed of engineers Ajithan Christian and Jeppe Olesen, as well as doctor Kristian Bach Laursen. All three of us share our personal interest in technology, health science and innovation that EchoVice is created and carried on.
EchoVice ApS was founded in 2022 and is the result of an SDU project focusing on improving the procedure for ultrasound examinations of the heart. The project evolved into the product EchoVice, now with a patent in Denmark, which can hold and rotate the sample during ultrasound examinations of the heart via the esophagus. This helps the cardiologist and reduces the duration of the operation. For now, our focus is on heart surgery, but there is great potential for other types of surgery and examinations in the future.
Electronics & production
- Responsibility for electronics/programming, product development, regulatory processor and administration.
- Contact to regulatory professionals.
- Working at UngOdenses maker- and IT warehouse, with competences in 3D and development. And teaches robotics.
Usability & design
- Responsibility for design, concept development and user interaction, including testing.
- Experience with health technology & interviews of users of both technologies and health services.
- Has through Beyond Beta: Manufactoring Incubator gained insight into the production of equipment.
Kristian Bach Laursen
- Responsibility for clinical protocols and issues.
- Associated with Odenses’ Cardiology and Heart Surgery Department.
- He is a researcher and supervisor and is an active member of several research groups and laboratories.
Thiusius Rajeeth Savarimuthu
SDU robotics, Health technology & AI. CTO in ROPCA